The Wind And The Lion

The Wind And The Lion
German gunners range in on the U.S. Marines as they cross the vill. Figures are Old Glory German Sea Battalion conversions. Archway by Miniature Building Authority.

Friday, April 2, 2021

Tuareg Command - AHPC #11 - Level-2, Chamber-2, "Shrine" - Tuaregs




My next entry for the 11th Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge are these Tuareg figures. The premise is the Shrine. In this chamber the "Shrine" is the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. A Tuareg Mullah and faithful followers make up this entry.

 I experimented with colors using washes and highlighting as I just wasn't quite happy and satisfied with the colors out of the pots. I use acrylic paints from Polly Scale, Vallejo, and the craft store paints. That being said, I am quite pleased at how they came out and am really looking forward to painting the stock piles of 28mm lead Tuareg figures I have from Castway Arts and Askari Minis.






Though they aren't really Tuareg castings I have painted them up as such for my French Colonial games. These will be used as a command group for my favored colonial rules set, TSATF, The Sword And The Flame. The Mullah will be the Tribal Chief for the (3) clans in his tribe.










2 comments:

  1. That's some blue-tastic paint work, Sarge! Very nicely done indeed! I'm excited to see what a full unit of those Castaway Arts/Askari Tuaregs will look like when the time comes! Also big congrats on completing your first AHPC -- that is some serious high-speed, low drag hobby sheet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MG, I appreciate the praise and feedback. It was an honor to be a part of the 11th AHPC! I hope to be a part of it again next year as well.

      Delete