The Wind And The Lion

The Wind And The Lion
German gunners range in on the U.S. Marines as they cross the vill. Figures are Old Glory German Sea Battalion conversions. Archway by Miniature Building Authority.

Sunday, April 3, 2022

French M1897 75mm Cannon - Askari Miniatures - 28mm

 





This awesome kit is very easy to build, sturdy, and a joy to paint. In my humble opinion this model is excellent and will provide a more than reasonable facsimile on the tabletop. 
However, It has been replaced by a newer version which has new wheels with the proper number of spokes and a few more parts for variations. I’ve since gotten the new model and will be building it shortly. 



My references for this project. 





Here’s the model with (2) Askari French Marine gun crews and a French Naval Landing gun crew for scale. All of my gun crews are (4) men as per my go to rules set The Sword And The Flame. These crews will see much action across both Asia and Africa!



Askari Miniatures Link: https://askari-minis.com/

Here’s the link for this model: 



2 comments:

  1. I just finished a short history of the Asante wars, and while 7-pounders were popular, 75mms also appear in the 1900 campaign. I dunno if they were British, although the French were also in the area at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I'm not sure, but I do believe they were not this mfgr. However these were used up through the early years of WWII.

    ReplyDelete