The Wind And The Lion

The Wind And The Lion
German gunners range in on the U.S. Marines as they cross the vill. Figures are Old Glory German Sea Battalion conversions. Archway by Miniature Building Authority.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

The White Zulu by Howard Whitehouse




What a ripping good yarn! This book is a must read for any adventure gamer, British colonial history aficionado, historical fiction fan, and Zulu War enthusiast. Written by the well known wargame rules author and Game Master extraordinaire Mr Howard Whitehouse.

The book is very well written and is extremely entertaining. The main character, Colonel Binky Bagshot is fictional though he lives through the real life events centered around the actions of Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift in Anglo Zulu War of 1879. The adventures and misadventures of Colonel Bagshot are reminiscnet of the famesd Flashman series though
pleasantly different. The narrative transitions from the main character in his present day life discussing his service in the war to the actual events he lived through. 

Howard's writing style is excellent, flows well, and is a really enjoyable read. The dry humor and very well researched historical events make it spot on for me! I can't say enough positive things about this book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Cheers,
Sgt Guinness

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Just saw the post. I will try to get the book, but I dont know how... (cant find it on Amazon) Perhaps I should contact the author on facebook, or you can help me?
    Best regards Miltiades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miltiadis, I just saw your post sitting in my moderation file! Thank you for taking the time to post and my apologies for missing it.

      Im glad you did receive the book I sent and that you enjoyed it! I really enjoyed the Dervish book you sent me in return my friend. Thank you!

      Delete